An Approach That Works
The Planning Horizon
The single greatest flaw in financial planning is solving a problem that hasn’t been identified.
We have a simple but insightful approach that works by ensuring we understand what matters to you and why it matters, before we give you a plan to get it. That may sound obvious, but it’s not common, and that’s why our clients have confidence in their plan.
It works like this…
- We’ll start by understanding if you have an immediate issue that needs to be solved before we start the planning process. If you do, we’ll work with you to solve it intelligently and expeditiously. Then we’ll shift focus together toward comprehensive planning.
- Our next step is to get clarity together. We do that using our trademarked Discovery approach. We’ll ensure we understand what matters to you, what you value, what you want to accomplish and will distill that down to clear, well-formed goals. We’ll summarize those goals and provide them back to you to ensure we understood them perfectly.
- Now the planning begins. With your goals at the forefront, we’ll develop solutions and a plan to achieve them so that you have confidence in an approach that serves what’s most important to you. We’ll present the plan to you with options, timelines and a clear link to your goals. If you approve, we’ll move forward.
- Implementation immediately follows your acceptance of the plan.The results that flow from the work we do together will be guided by your requests, your goals and your chosen path to achieve them.
- Then, together, we monitor and measure the results. It doesn’t end there, however, because our lives and circumstances aren’t static. We’ll regularly return to Discovery to stay in sync with the changes in your life.